DAY 1: CUSCO CITY TOUR
This afternoon, we will Tour the Imperial City of Cusco, a living museum with a mix of Andean and Spanish culture. You will visit the Cusco Cathedral which was completed in 1560 after nearly 100 years of construction and the Koricancha, the ancient Inca Palace and the main worship center of the Sun God, which was once filled with gold until plundered by invaders. Our tour continues to the unmatched and mesmerizing archaeological site of Sacsayhuaman fortress and its military Inca architecture, which dominates the city and is constructed with 100 ton boulders not native to the area. (A Mystery) Finally, we explore the archaeological sites of Qenqo, Pucapucara and Tambomachay before heading back to your hotel in Cusco by early evening.
- Accommodation: Best Western Hotel or Mataq Wasin Hotel 3*
DAY 2: CUSCO – SACRED VALLEY (PISAC – MORAY – SALT MINE – OLLANTAYTAMBO) – AGUAS CALIENTES
We collect you from your hotel at 7:30am with our private van and head to the Sacred Valley of the Incas, taking the route to Pisac. Our first stop is the Ccochahuasi Animal Sanctuary, which has a variety of Peruvian animals including a Puma, a Condor, the national bird of Peru, llamas and more. Then we stop at the mirador of Taray to enjoy a beautiful overhead view of the Urubamba valley which accents the surrounding mountains. Next, we head to the Pisac archaeological site, where you can see the biggest Inca cemetery with more than 2000 tombs. There we can admire the hand carved farming terraces on the side of the Mountain, explore the Inca tunnel and the religious site of this important Inca ruin. Here we will spend approximately 2 hours, exploring the Inca city. Then we visit the colorful Pisac Market which is the largest Market in the area, spend a little time visiting it to see the different handicrafts before driving to Urumbamba for lunch.
After lunch we visit Moray, which was an experimental farming site built in the form of an ampitheatre which each level naturally with a different temperature to grow different types of crops. These levels of terraces were carved before the Incas and then used by the Incas.
We continue our journey to the colonial town of Maras, walking downhill to the pre-Inca salt mines. Over three thousand salt ponds have been used for salt extraction since before Inca times and still supply Peru with over 90% of it’s salt. A hot spring at the top of the valley trickles a stream of salty water, which is diverted into salt ponds and evaporated to produce a salt that is used for human consumption. Finally, we drive to Ollantaytambo, having time to explore this quaint, traditional Inca village and the amazing Inca Ruins with our English-speaking guide.
Then at 7pm, we will take the train to Aguas Calientes, where we will spend the night in a hotel.
- Accommodation: Wiracocha Inn Hotel or Andean Terra Hotel
- Meals: Breakfast
DAY 3: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
On this very exciting day, we will take the 5:30am shuttle bus to Machu Picchu, arriving in time for the sunrise over Machu Picchu. Our guide will give us a 2.5-hour private tour, teaching us the history and little secrets hidden away by the Incas who once resided there. Then, you have plenty of time to explore on your own until 12 noon.
Here are some other activities you can do on your own:
- Climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain and enjoy the amazing views of Machu Picchu from above. (Additional fee)
- Walk to the Sun Gate, 2 hours round trip or the Inca Bridge, 1 hour round trip. (No additional fee)
- Other optional activities in Aguas Calientes include a visit to the new local museum or to the hot springs. (Entrance fee to enter)
Around 12 noon, we will depart Machu Picchu and descend to Aguas Calientes at 12pm. You can have a relaxing lunch and explore Aguas Calientes beforing boarding the Expedition train by 4:22pm returning to Ollantaytambo Train Station and then we will drive you 1.5 – 2 Hours back to your hotel in Cusco, arriving at approximately 8:30pm.
- Accommodation: Best Western Hotel or Mataq Wasin Hotel 3*
- Meals: Breakfast
***There are now 2 sessions to enter Machu Picchu; 6am to 12pm and 12pm to 5:30pm. If you wish to stay after 12pm, you must purchase a second entrance ticket. If you book Huayna Picchu, you have an extra 2 hours and an extra 3 hours if you hike Machu Picchu Mountain.
DAY 4: CUSCO – ANDAHUAYLILLAS – RACCHI – LA RAYA – PUNO
You will be picked up from your hotel lobby at 6.30am for a private transfer to the bus station (Inca Express or First Class). Both of these companies provide royal class service with an English-speaking tour guide, a waiter who is ready to assist you with hot or cold drinks on board. During the trip, you will stop to visit some Inca ruins, museums and the Andahuaylillas Church, which is sometimes called the Sistine Chapel of South America. Then we stop at the Racchi Inca ruins, which was a religious and rest stop for Inca travelers. We then visit La Raya on the border between Cusco and Puno, where we can see llamas and alpacas. In Pucara, we visit a museum where it is possible to see some pre-Inca remains. Finally, we arrive in Puno city around 5:39pm where our representative will pick us up to take us to our hotel.
- Meal: Breakfast – Lunch
- Accommodations: Casa Andina Classic Puno 3***
DAY 5: PUNO – UROS – TAQUILE – PUNO
We will collect you from your hotel lobby at 7:30am and transfer you to the port of Puno. We begin our tour on a speedboat (bathroom onboard) to visit the Uros floating islands, which are made out of reeds and actually float. This age old group of people living on Lake Titicaca since pre-Incan times still maintain their traditions of surviving by fishing, hunting birds, gathering eggs and making optimum use of the reeds including eating them. We will arrive to the islands around 8:30am and be able to interact with the local families who are proud to show off their humble homes, give a demonstration of how they live their lives and how they construct the floating islands. You will have the option for a boat ride on the large reed boats constructed by the locals (10 soles extra). Next, we will head to Taquile Island, arriving around 11am, where we have the opportunity to experience some local music and dance, have a yummy lunch at a local restaurant, and time to hike around the island to enjoy the surrounding landscape and views of Lake Titicaca. You will arrive back to Puno around 3:30pm and be transferred back to your hotel.
***You can add at 2 day trip on lake Titicaca with an overnight stay with local family for an additional $20.
- Meals: Breakfast – Lunch
- Transportation: Fast Boat Service
NOTE – Our tour ends in PUNO
- You can continue your tour to Bolivia.
- You can continue from Puno to Arequipa
- You can just go to Juliaca and fly back to Lima – LATAM Airlines leave at 9pm Juliaca Airport.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Transfers to and from your hotel.
- Entrances to the Inca Cities and all Archeological Sites.
- Private transportation.
- Round Trip Expedition Train Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes and back to Ollantaytambo.
- Hotel accommodations: Cusco, Aguas Calientes and Puno.
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary.
- Roundtrip bus ticket Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu.
- Entrance fees to Machu Picchu.
- Professional English-speaking guide.
- Entrance tickets to the ruins along the way to Puno.
- Tourist bus to Puno with English-speaking tour guide.
- Pick up in Puno bus station and transfer to your hotel.
- Pick up from your hotel and transfer to the port of Puno.
- Speed boat with English-speaking tour guide.
- Visit of the Uros & Taquile Islands on Lake Titicaca.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Meals not indicated on the itinerary.
- Entrance fee to the hot springs of Aguas Calientes (optional).
- Entrance of Wayna Picchu – US $35.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu Mountain – US$30.
- Upgrades train – For Vistadome train add US$57 per person.
- Upgrade hotel in Aguas Calientes – US$40 per person.
- Optional boat ride on the Island of Uros (10 soles).
- 2 day trip on the islands with overnight stay with local family US$20.
- Tips for your guide.
This fantastic tour can be done on any date that is best for you as long as we have a minimum of 2 participant.
|No. OF PEOPLE||PRICE|
|2 to 8 people (with 4 nights hotel)||US$ 847 per person|
|2 to 8 people (without hotel)||US$ 677 per person|
*** You can add a 2 day tour of the Islands with an overnight stay with a local family for $20 extra.
***Private service is available for $100 more per person.
***All entrance fees are included and we operate our tours in small groups averaging 5 persons with a maximum of 8!
***The transfer from Puno to the airport of Juliaca is US$25 extra per person for a private service.
- 18 to 25 years old: US$30 Information required on student card: name of university, student name, photo of student, expiration date etc. A copy of the card at booking is required & government approval for discount.
- Under 18 years old: US$30 Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Under 11 years old: US$40 Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Huayna Picchu Climb: US$35. This will need to be booked in advance, let us know about it at the time of booking.
- Machu Picchu Mountain: US$30. This will need to be booked in advance, let us know about it at the time of booking.
- Upgrade to Vista Dome Train: US$57. (Aguas Calientes to Poroy (Cusco) at 4:43pm)
- Upgrade to 2 days on Lake Titicaca with an overnight stay with local family for US$20.
- Transfer from Puno to Juliaca Airport – US$25 per person.
- Upgrade Hotel Aguas Calientes– 3 star US$45. (Can upgrade to 4 or 5 star also)
- Single Supplement: US$30 2* and US$45 3* for single travelers.
Please read the following information carefully; it will help answer many of your questions about our services and Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu + Rainbow Mountain Tour.
ARRIVAL TO CUSCO
We will greet you at Cusco airport and take to your hotel in Cusco, please let us know your flight details at least 14 days prior to arrival. Our representative will be holding an orange sign reading ORANGE Nation outside the arrival terminal. It can be done on any date!
The Briefing will be the night before the trek at 6pm in our office which is located at Calle Santa Teresa Nº383; 107 (first floor), next to SUBWAY restaurant and across the street from Sunat.
CAN I STORE MY LUGGAGE AT YOUR OFFICE:
ABSOLUTELY! During the Machu Picchu Tour your main luggage can be kept in our office or stored at your hotel, both are free.
HOW TO BOOK THE SACRED VALLEY & MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
We will need the following information (FROM EACH PARTICIPANT in your group). This information is necessary to purchase the entrance tickets to Machu Picchu the train tickets:
- Personal information (your full name, exactly as on your passport):
- Passport number
- D.OB. (dd / mm / yyyy)
SECOND, we require a deposit of $211.00 USD per person in order to purchase your entrance to Machu Picchu and train ticket. You can make you deposit by clicking on the VISA, MASTERCARD, DINERS CLUB, AMERICAN EXPRESS or PAYPAL symbols on the top of our home page, or you can click on the VISA, MASTERCARD, DINERS CLUB, AMERICAN EXPRESS or PAYPAL symbols on our booking page.
WHAT ABOUT THE BALANCE?
It is best if you pay in cash at our office (US dollars or Peruvian soles) here in Cusco to avoid the additional 5.5% International Transaction Fee. We have many ATMS within the historical center to withdraw money. You can also pay by VISA, MASTERCARD, DINERS CLUB, AMERICAN EXPRESS or PAYPAL online but you will have to pay a 5.5% service charge, charged by VISA, MASTERCARD, DINERS CLUB, AMERICAN EXPRESS and PAYPAL. To pay your balance through PAYPAL, you need to log into your PAYPAL account using our email address of email@example.com.
HOW DO I QUALIFY FOR THE STUDENT DISCOUNT?
- According to Peruvian Law, you must be under 18 years of age at the time of your trek, tour, or visit to Machu Picchu (students 18 & above need student cards). For example: if you book a trek at the age of 17 but you turn 18 before you do your trek, you do not qualify for a student discount.
- All students from 11 to 17 years, the discount is $30.
- For children from the age of 2 to 11 the discount is $40.
- Children under the age of 2 are free.
- All students must provide a copy of their passport at the time of their booking to get the student discount.
- Send us a copy at firstname.lastname@example.org
MAY I CHANGE THE DEPARTURE DATE AFTER THE TICKETS HAVE BEEN BOUGHT?
Unfortunately No. Once the tickets have been bought, the government does not allow any changes, so we cannot change any departure date after the tickets has been purchased. Tickets are also non transferable nor refundable. If you cancel your Machu Picchu Tour, the deposit is lost!
DO I NEED MY ORIGINAL PASSPORT FOR THE SACRED VALLEY & MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
DEFINITELY! You MUST bring your original passport with the SAME passport number you sent to us to book your entrance to Machu Picchu, train ticket, other entrances and reservations. They will check when you enter Machu Picchu and to board the train.
In case you are renewing your passport or changing your name, please send us a COPY of your old passport to secure your permit, and we can change it when we receive a COPY of your new passport for a fee of $25 per person. We must have a copy of your old and new passport to make the change. Before you change your passport keep a copy of your old one.
If you do not wish to pay this fee you will need to bring both passports to Peru with you. You can enter Peru with your new passport but you will need to show both passports, old and new to enter Machu Picchu or the train. If you do not have both you will not be allowed to enter into Machu Picchu or get on the train.
WHAT IS THE WEATHER LIKE IN THE SACRED VALLEY & MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
The weather is very unpredictable and always changing in the Andes Mountains, so it is difficult to say with any certainty. We recommend that you be prepared for warm weather, possible rain showers (Orange Nation provides rain ponchos) and a warm jacket in case of cold. We recommend that you dress in layers so you may take off or put on clothes as needed.
ARE WE DROPPED OFF AT OUR HOTEL AFTER THE SACRED VALLEY & MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
OF COURSE! We will drop you off at your hotel in Cusco or the Sacred Valley when we return from the tour. We will also pick you up from the Sacred Valley if you are staying there.
If you’re happy with the services provided, a tip is appreciated. It means a lot to the staff, and their families, who will take care of you during the tour. It inspires better service and is a major part of the tourism industry across many ORANGE Nation destinations. Of course you are free to tip more or less what you want, depending how you feel about the quality of service and the length of your tour.
ARE YOU SUSTAINABLE?
We are a local sustainable & responsible tour operator which functions according to the ethical principles of tourism: protect the environment and benefit the indigenous communities respecting their culture and religion. We have trained all of our staff to know, understand and respect the local communities and the people living there.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
- A small backpack or carry bag (larger not allowed on the train or in Machu Picchu).
- A change of clothing.
- Comfortable shoes.
- Water to drink.
- Rain jacket or poncho.
- A fleece or jacket.
- Basic toiletries.
- Insect repellent for mosquitoes.
- Hat for the sun.
- Some extra money for lunch, snacks and souvenirs.
- Original passport (cannot enter Machu Picchu without it).