DAY 1: CUSCO CITY TOUR
This afternoon, we will tour the Imperial City of Cusco, a living museum and UNESCO World Heritage Site, with a mix of Andean and Spanish cultures. The Cusco Cathedral will be the first stop, which was completed in 1560 after nearly 100 years of construction. Next, you will visit Qorikancha, the ancient Inca Palace and main worship center of the Sun Inti, which was once filled with gold until looted during the conquest. Our tour continues to the archeological site of Sacsayhuaman. Once a military compound for the Inca, this architectural marvel made from 100-ton boulders, not from the area overlooks the city. Finally, we explore the archeological sites of Qenqo, Puka Pukara, and Tambomachay before heading back to your hotel in Cusco by the early evening.
- 3* Accommodation: Waman Qorikancha or Maytaq Wasin Hotel
DAY 2: CUSCO – SACRED VALLEY (PISAC – MORAY – SALT MINE – OLLANTAYTAMBO) – AGUAS CALIENTES
We pick you up from your hotel at 7:30 am with our private van and head to the Sacred Valley of the Incas, taking the route to Pisac. Our first stop is the Mirador of Taray to enjoy a beautiful overhead view of the Urubamba valley. Next, we head to the Pisac archaeological site, where you can see the biggest Inca cemetery with more than 2,000 tombs. There we can see the hand-carved farming terraces on the side of the Mountain, explore the Inca tunnel, and the religious site of this famous Inca ruin. Here we will spend approximately 2 hours exploring the Inca city. Then, we visit the colorful Pisac Market, the largest market in the area, see some unique handicrafts before driving to Urubamba for lunch.
After lunch, we visit Moray, which was an experimental farming site built in the form of an amphitheater, in which each level naturally has a different temperature to grow different types of crops. These levels of terraces were carved before the Incas took control of the Sacred Valley and then used by them to research optimal growing conditions for their crops.
We continue our journey to the colonial town of Maras, walking downhill to the pre-Inca salt mines. Over three thousand salt ponds have been used for salt extraction since before Inca times and still supply Peru with over 90% of its salt. A hot spring at the top of the valley runs a stream of salt water into salt ponds to produce salt. Finally, we drive to Ollantaytambo, to explore this traditional Inca village, and the Inca Ruins with your English-speaking guide.
You will have time in Ollantaytambo to eat dinner or get a takeout dinner to eat on the train. Then at 7 pm, we will take the train to Aguas Calientes where we will spend the night in a hotel.
- 2* Accommodation: Intipunku Tambo or Wiracocha Inn
- Meal: Breakfast
DAY 3: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
On this exciting day, we will take the 5:30 am shuttle bus to Machu Picchu, arriving in time for the sunrise. This is a magical experience that you won’t want to miss! Our guide will give us a 2.5-hour private tour, teaching you the history and little secrets hidden away by the Incas who once resided there. Then, you have plenty of time to take photos on your own.
Here are some other activities you can do on your own:
- Climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain and enjoy the amazing views of Machu Picchu from above. (Book in advance)
- Walk to the Sun Gate, 2 hours round trip or the Inca Bridge, 1 hour round trip. (No additional fee)
- Other optional activities in Aguas Calientes include a visit to the new local museum or to the hot springs. (Entrance fee to enter)
When you are ready, we will depart Machu Picchu and descend to Aguas Calientes. You can have a relaxing lunch and explore Aguas Calientes before boarding the Expedition train which departs at 14:55 or 15:20. When you return to Ollantaytambo Train Station your driver will be waiting for you and then we will drive you 1.5 – 2 hours back to your hotel in Cusco, arriving at approximately 7:00pm.
- 3* Accommodation: Waman Qorikancha or Maytaq Wasin Hotel
- Meal: Breakfast
***If you hike Huayna Picchu, you have an extra 2 hours and an extra 3 hours if you hike Machu Picchu Mountain.***
DAY 4: CUSCO – ANDAHUAYLILLAS – RACCHI – LA RAYA – PUNO
You will be picked up from your hotel lobby at 6:30 am for a private transfer to the bus station (Inca Express or First Class). Both companies provide Royal Class Service with an English-speaking tour guide and a waiter/waitress who is ready to assist you with hot or cold drinks on board. During the trip, you will stop to visit some Inca ruins, museums and the Andahuaylillas Church, which is sometimes called the Sistine Chapel of South America. Then we stop at the Racchi Inca ruins, which was a religious and rest stop for Inca travelers. We then visit La Raya on the border between Cusco and Puno, where we can see llamas and Alpacas. In Pucara, we visit a museum where it is possible to see some pre-Inca remains. Finally, we arrive in Puno city around 5:30 pm where our representative will pick us up to take us to our hotel.
- Meals: Breakfast – Lunch
- Accommodations: Casa Andina Classic Puno 3***
DAY 5: PUNO – UROS – TAQUILE – PUNO
We will pick you up from your hotel lobby at 7:30 am and transfer you to the port of Puno. We begin our tour on a speedboat (bathroom onboard) to visit the Uros floating islands made out of reeds that make them float. This group of people living on Lake Titicaca since pre-Incan times still maintain their traditions of surviving by fishing, hunting birds, gathering eggs, and making the best use of the reeds, including eating them. We will arrive at the islands around 8:30 am and be able to interact with the local families who are proud to show off their humble homes. They will give a demonstration of how they live their lives and how they construct the floating islands. You will have the option for a boat ride on the large reed boats built by the locals (10 soles extra). Next, we will travel to Taquile Island, arriving around 11 am. Here we will have the opportunity to experience local music, dance, and have a yummy lunch at a local restaurant. There will be time to hike around the island to enjoy the surrounding landscape and views of Lake Titicaca. You will arrive back in Puno around 3:30 pm and back to your hotel.
***You can add at 2 day trip on lake Titicaca with an overnight stay with local family for an additional $20.
- Meals: Breakfast – Lunch
- Transportation: Fast Boat Service
NOTE – Our tour ends in PUNO
- You can continue your tour to Bolivia.
- You can continue from Puno to Arequipa
- You can just go to Juliaca and fly back to Lima – LATAM Airlines leave at 9pm Juliaca Airport.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Transfers to and from your hotel.
- Entrances to the Inca Cities and all Archeological Sites.
- Private transportation.
- Round Trip Expedition Train Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes and back to Ollantaytambo.
- Hotel accommodations: Cusco, Aguas Calientes and Puno.
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary.
- Roundtrip bus ticket Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu.
- Entrance fees to Machu Picchu.
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entrance tickets to the ruins along the way to Puno
- Tourist bus to Puno with English-speaking tour guide
- Pick up in Puno bus station and transfer to your hotel
- Pick up from your hotel and transfer to the port of Puno
- Speed boat with English-speaking tour guide.
- Visit of the Uros & Taquile Islands on Lake Titicaca.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Meals not indicated on the itinerary.
- Entrance fee to the hot springs of Aguas Calientes (optional).
- Ticket for Huayna Picchu – US $75.
- Ticket for Machu Picchu Mountain – US$75.
- Upgrades train – For Vistadome train add US$57 per person.
- Upgrade hotel in Aguas Calientes – US$40 per person.
- Optional boat ride on the Island of Uros (10 soles).
- 2 day trip on the islands with overnight stay with local family US$20
- Tips for your guide
- Transfer to Juliaca airport
This fantastic tour can be done on any date that is best for you as long as we have a minimum of 2 participants.
|No. OF PEOPLE||PRICE|
|2 to 8 people (with 4 nights hotel)||US$ 847 per person|
|2 to 8 people (without hotel)||US$ 677 per person|
*** You can add a 2 day tour of the Islands with an overnight stay with a local family for $20 extra.
***Private service is available for $100 more per person.
***All entrance fees are included and we operate our tours in small groups averaging 5 people, with a maximum of 8!
***The transfer from Puno to the airport of Juliaca is US$40 extra per group for a private service.
- 18 to 25 years old: US$30 Information required on student card: name of university, student name, photo of student, expiration date etc. A copy of the card at booking is required & government approval for discount.
- Under 18 years old: US$30 Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Under 11 years old: US$40 Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Huayna Picchu Climb: $75. This will need to be booked in advance, let us know about it at the time of booking.
- Machu Picchu Mountain: $75 This will need to be booked in advance, let us know about it at the time of booking.
- Upgrade to Vistadome Train: $57. (Aguas Calientes to Poroy (Cusco) at 4:43 pm)
- Upgrade to 2 days on Lake Titicaca with an overnight stay with local family for $20.
- Transfer from Puno to Juliaca Airport – $40 per group
- Upgrade Hotel Aguas Calientes– 3 star $45. (Can upgrade to 4 or 5 star also)
- Hotel single supplement: $30 2* and $45 3* for solo travelers.
Please read the following information carefully. It will help answer many of your questions about our services and Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu + Rainbow Mountain Tour.
ARRIVAL TO CUSCO
We will pick you up from the Cusco airport and take you to your hotel in Cusco. Please let us know your flight details at least 14 days before arrival. Our representative will be holding an orange sign reading ORANGE Nation outside the arrivals. You must exit the terminal to find our representative as they cannot enter. (Please let us know if your hotel is in the Sacred Valley so we can make the necessary arrangments).
The Briefing will be the night before the trek at 6 pm in our office which is located at Calle Santa Teresa Nº383; 107 (first floor), next to SUBWAY sandwich shop. We share a lobby with the Casona Corrales Boutique Hotel.
CAN I STORE MY LUGGAGE AT YOUR OFFICE?
ABSOLUTELY!! During the Machu Picchu Tour your main luggage can be kept in our office or stored at your hotel, both are free.
HOW TO BOOK THE SACRED VALLEY & MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
We will need the following information (FROM EACH PARTICIPANT in your group). This information is necessary to purchase the entrance tickets to Machu Picchu the train tickets:
- Personal information (your full name, exactly as on your passport):
- Passport number
- D.OB. (dd / mm / yyyy)
SECOND, we require a deposit of $211.00 USD per person in order to purchase your entrance to Machu Picchu and train ticket. You can make you deposit by clicking on the PAYPAL symbols on the top of our home page, or you can click on the PAYPAL symbols on our booking page.
WHAT ABOUT THE BALANCE?
It is best if you pay in cash at our office (US dollars or Peruvian soles) here in Cusco to avoid the additional 5.5% International Transaction Fee. We have many ATMS within the historical center to withdraw money. You can also pay by PAYPAL online but you will have to pay a 5.5% service charge, charged by PAYPAL. To pay your balance through PAYPAL, you need to log into your PAYPAL account using our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW DO I QUALIFY FOR THE STUDENT DISCOUNT?
- According to Peruvian Law, you must be under 18 years of age at the time of your trek, tour, or visit to Machu Picchu (students 18 & above need student cards). For example: if you book a trek at the age of 17 but you turn 18 before you do your trek, you do not qualify for a student discount.
- All students from 11 to 17 years, the discount is $30.
- For children from the age of 2 to 11 the discount is $40.
- Children under the age of 2 are free.
- All students must provide a copy of their passport at the time of their booking to get the student discount.
- Send us a copy at email@example.com
MAY I CHANGE THE DEPARTURE DATE AFTER THE TICKETS HAVE BEEN BOUGHT?
Yes, but with some restrictions. Once the tickets for Machu Picchu have been bought, the government does not allow any changes, so we cannot change any departure date after the tickets has been purchased. Tickets are also non transferable nor refundable. If you cancel your Machu Picchu Tour, the deposit is lost!
DO I NEED MY ORIGINAL PASSPORT FOR THE SACRED VALLEY & MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
DEFINITELY!! You MUST bring your original passport with the SAME passport number you sent to us to book your entrance to Machu Picchu, train ticket, other entrances and reservations. They will check when you enter Machu Picchu and to board the train.
In case you are renewing your passport or changing your name, please send us a COPY of your old passport to secure your permit, and we can change it when we receive a COPY of your new passport for a fee of $25 per person. We must have a copy of your old and new passport to make the change. Before you change your passport keep a copy of your old one.
If you do not wish to pay this fee you will need to bring both passports to Peru with you. You can enter Peru with your new passport but you will need to show both passports, old and new to enter Machu Picchu or the train. If you do not have both you will not be allowed to enter into Machu Picchu or get on the train.
Remember to check your current passport to make sure it doesn’t expire within 6 months of your arrival to Peru!!! The Government of Peru is enforcing the existing law that requires all foreign travelers to have a passport valid for a minimum of six months past the time of entry into Peru. Peruvian authorities will deny entry into Peru for travelers not meeting this requirement.
WHAT IS THE WEATHER LIKE IN THE SACRED VALLEY & MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
The weather is very unpredictable and always changing in the Andes Mountains, so it is difficult to say with any certainty. We recommend that you be prepared for warm weather, possible rain showers (Orange Nation provides rain ponchos) and a warm jacket in case of cold. We recommend that you dress in layers so you may take off or put on clothes as needed.
ARE WE DROPPED OFF AT OUR HOTEL AFTER THE SACRED VALLEY & MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
OF COURSE!! We will drop you off at your hotel in Cusco or the Sacred Valley when we return from the tour. We will also pick you up from the Sacred Valley if you are staying there.
If you’re happy with the services provided, a tip is appreciated. It means a lot to the staff, and their families, who will take care of you during the tour. It inspires better service and is a major part of the tourism industry across many ORANGE Nation destinations. Of course you are free to tip as much as you want, depending how you feel about the quality of service and the length of your tour.
ARE YOU SUSTAINABLE?
We are a local sustainable & responsible tour operator which functions according to the ethical principles of tourism: protect the environment and benefit the indigenous communities respecting their culture and religion. We have trained all of our staff to know, understand and respect the local communities and the people living there.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
- A small backpack or carry bag (larger not allowed on the train or in Machu Picchu).
- A change of clothing.
- Comfortable shoes.
- Water to drink.
- Rain jacket or poncho.
- A fleece or jacket.
- Basic toiletries.
- Insect repellent for mosquitoes.
- Hat for the sun.
- Some extra money for lunch, snacks and souvenirs.
- Original passport (cannot enter Machu Picchu without it).