DAY 1: SACRED VALLEY OF THE INCAS (Animal Sanctuary + Pisac + Moray + Maras + Salt mines + Ollantaytambo)
We will pick you up from your hotel at 7:30 am with our private van and head to the Sacred Valley of the Incas, taking the route to Pisac. Our first stop is the Mirador of Taray to enjoy a beautiful overhead view of the Urubamba Valley. Next, we head to the archaeological site of Pisac, where you can see the biggest Inca cemetery with more than 2,000 tombs. There, we can admire the hand-carved farming terraces built into the side of the Mountain, explore the Inca tunnel, and the religious site of this famous Inca ruin. After approximately 2 hours, we will visit the colorful Pisac Market, the largest in the area. Then we will see the different handicrafts (you do not need to buy anything) before heading to Urubamba for lunch.
After lunch, we visit Moray, which was an experimental farming site built in the form of an amphitheater with different temperatures at each level, which grows different types of crops. These levels of terraces were carved before the Incas and then used by them.
We continue our journey to the colonial town of Maras, walking downhill to the pre-Inca salt mines. Over three thousand salt ponds have been used to extract salt since before Inca times and still supplies Peru with over 90% of its salt. A hot spring at the top of the valley runs a stream of salt water into salt ponds and produces an edible salt. Finally, we drive to Ollantaytambo to explore this traditional Inca village and the Inca Ruins with your English-speaking guide. Here we spend the night at our hotel in Ollantaytambo, so we are ready to catch the early morning train to the starting point of the Inca Trail.
- Hotel in Ollantaytambo: Tunupa lodge or Iskay Hotel – depending on availability
DAY 2: OLLANTAYTAMBO – KM104 – WIÑAY HUAYNA – SUN GATE – MACHU PICCHU
Your guide will pick you up from your hotel at 5:30 am to escort you to the Ollantaytambo train station, which is very close, to take the 6:10 am Expedition Train. After an hour and 15-minute train ride, we arrive at kilometer 104 (Inca Trail Starting Point – 2,100m/6,927ft). Afterward, we begin a moderate climb for three hours to the ancient archaeological site of Wiñayhuana (2,650m/8,747ft), where we will have incredible views of the Urubamba Valley, Inca sites, and connect with the original 4-day Inca Trail.
After we rest and enjoy this beautiful sight as we continue our Trek towards the Sun Gate (2,730m/9,007ft), we will have our first view of Machu Picchu. Here, you will be able to take the same popular photos of Machu Picchu you see on social media. It is all downhill from here as we walk downhill for about one hour to Machu Picchu.
We take a 25-minute shuttle bus ride down a zig zagging rode to Aguas Calientes, where we spend the night in our hotel and enjoy a celebratory Dinner.
- Meals: Box Lunch & Dinner
- Accommodation: Wiracocha Inn Hotel or Andean Terra Hotel
- Difficulty: Moderate
DAY 3: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
On this exciting morning that we have all been waiting for, we will take the 5:30 am shuttle bus back up the zig-zagging hill to catch the sunrise over Machu Picchu. Your guide will give you a 2.5-hour private tour, teaching us the history and little secrets hidden away by the Incas, who once lived there. Then, you have plenty of time to explore on your own until noon.
Here are some other activities you can do on your own:
- Climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain and enjoy the amazing views of Machu Picchu from above. (Additional fee)
- Walk to the Sun Gate, 2 hours round trip or the Inca Bridge, 1 hour round trip. (No additional fee)
- Other optional activities in Aguas Calientes include a visit to the new local museum or to the hot springs. (Entrance fee to enter)
Around noon, we will depart Machu Picchu and descend again back down the curvy road to Aguas Calientes. You can have a relaxing lunch and explore Aguas Calientes before boarding the Expedition train by 4:22 pm, returning to Ollantaytambo Train Station.
Finally, we will drive approximately 90 minutes to your hotel in Cusco, arriving around 9:30 pm, to get a good night’s sleep before beginning our next adventure early in the morning.
- Accommodations: 3* Maytaq Wasin or Waman Hotels 3*
- Meals: breakfast
***There are now 2 sessions to enter Machu Picchu; 6am to 12pm and 12pm to 5:30pm. If you wish to stay after 12pm, you must purchase a second entrance ticket. If you book Huayna Picchu, you have an extra 2 hours and an extra 3 hours if you hike Machu Picchu Mountain.***
DAY 4: CUSCO – RAINBOW MOUNTAIN – CUSCO
We will pick you up from your hotel at 4 am to begin our incredible Rainbow Mountain Trek. We set out on our 3-hour scenic drive through the South Valley, where you have views offarming Inca terraces,Valleys, and Rocky mountains.
Once you reach the beginning of the Trail, you will have a hot breakfast before beginning our hike alongside a stream. You will see herds of alpacas and llamas all around you and have views of Ausangate Mountain as we hike through different villages and interact with the indigenous people who still live traditionally.
We reach our destination – the Rainbow Mountains (5,020m /16,466ft) after a short 1.5-hour hike, where you will have time to explore the area. You can take pictures and savor the environment as we spend approximately 30 minutes at the top.
At this point, we hike for another 1.5 hours back down the way we came. Our private van will be waiting for us when we return.
We will begin our scenic 3-hour drive back to Cusco and drop you off at your Cusco hotel, arriving around 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm, depending on how fast you hike and how long you wish to stay at the Rainbow Mountain site.
- Meals: hot breakfast & lunch
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Sacred Valley Tour
- Short Inca Trail and Rainbow Mountain Treks
- Entrances to the Inca cities and archeological sites
- Professional guide for three days
- Expedition train from Ollantaytambo to KM 104 and from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Three nights hotel accommodation with private room, bathroom and breakfast included
- Meals as indicated on the itinerary
- Bus tickets from Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu -Aguas Calientes
- Personal assistance
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Hotel – optional upgrades
- Huayna Picchu Tickets: $75 USD per person
- Machu Picchu Mountain: $70 USD per person
- Upgrade to Vistadome: $57 USD per person (Return only Aguas Calientes to Poroy at 4:43pm)
- Tips for your guide
ADDED VALUES FOR FREE:
- Transfer from the airport to hotel: (Cusco only)
***The Sacred Valley, Short Inca Trail + Rainbow Mountain Trek is always available (except February when it is closed for maintenance).***
***The fantastic tour with Inca trail included is available on any date as long as there are atleast 2 people.***
|No. OF PEOPLE||PRICE|
|2 to 8 people (with 3 nights hotel)||$827 USD per person|
|2 to 8 people (without hotel)||$717 USD per person|
***All entrance fees are included and we operate our tours in small groups averaging 5 persons with a maximum of 8!***
- 18 to 25 years old: $30 USD. Information required on student card: name of university, student name, photo of student, expiration date etc. A copy of the card at booking is required & government approval for discount.
- Under 18 years old: $30 USD. Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Under 11 years old: $40 USD. Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Huayna Picchu Mountain: $75 USD per person
- Machu Picchu Mountain: $75 USD per person
- Upgrade Hotel in Aguas Calientes: $45 USD to 3*** (Can upgrade to 4 or 5 star also)
- Upgrade Hotel in Ollantaytambo: $50 USD to 3*** (Can upgrade to 4 or 5 star also)
- Upgrade to Vistadome: $57 USD per person
- Single Supplement: $30 USD 2*and $45 USD 3* for single travelers
Please read the following information carefully,it will help answer all of your questions about our services and tours.
ARRIVAL TO CUSCO
We will pick you up from the Cusco airport and take you to your hotel in Cusco. Please let us know your flight details at least 14 days before arrival. Our representative will be holding an orange sign reading ORANGE Nation outside the arrivals. You must exit the terminal to find our representative as they cannot enter. (Please let us know if your hotel is in the Sacred Valley so we can make the necessary arrangments).
The Briefing is the night before you begin the Sacred Valley & 1-Day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu tour at 6pm in our office which is located at Calle Santa Teresa Nº383; 107 (first floor), we are next to SUBWAY restaurant and across the street from Sunat. The only 3 story building with 2 balconies.
CAN I STORE MY LUGGAGE AT YOUR OFFICE:
ABSOLUTELY!! We will keep your main luggage at our office or you can store it at your hotel, both are free.
HOW TO BOOK THE TOUR?
Please have the following information (From Each Person in your group). We cannot purchase entrance tickets to Machu Picchu or the train without the following information:
- Personal information (your full name, exactly as on your passport):
- Passport number
- D.OB. (dd / mm / yyyy)
SECOND, we require a deposit of $211.00 USD per person in order to purchase your entrance to Machu Picchu and train ticket. You can make you deposit by clicking on the PAYPAL symbols on the top of our home page, or you can click on the PAYPAL symbols on our booking page.
WHAT ABOUT THE BALANCE?
It would be greatly appreciated if you pay in cash at our office (US dollars or Peruvian soles) here in Cusco. We have many ATMs within the historical center to withdraw money. You can also pay by PAYPAL online but you will have to pay a 5.5% service charge, charged by PAYPAL. To pay your balance through PAYPAL, you need to log into your PAYPAL account using our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW DO I QUALIFY FOR THE STUDENT DISCOUNT?
- According to Peruvian Law, you must be under 18 years of age at the time of your trek, tour, or visit to Machu Picchu (students 18 & above need student cards). For example: if you book a trek at the age of 17 but you turn 18 before you do your trek, you do not qualify for a student discount.
- All students from 11 to 17 years, the discount is $30.
- For children from the age of 2 to 11 the discount is $40.
- Children under the age of 2 are free.
- All students must provide a copy of their passport at the time of their booking to get the student discount.
- Send us a copy at email@example.com
MAY I CHANGE THE DEPARTURE DATE AFTER THE TICKETS HAVE BEEN BOUGHT?
Unfortunately No. Once the tickets have been bought the government does not allow any changes, so we cannot change any departure dates after the tickets have been purchased. Tickets are also non transferable nor refundable. If you cancel your Sacred Valley & 1 Day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu the deposit is not refundable at all!
DO I NEED MY ORIGINAL PASSPORT?
DEFINITELY! You MUST bring your original passport with the same passport number you sent to us to book your entrance tickets to Machu Picchu, train, other entrances and reservations. They will check when you enter Machu Picchu and board the train.
If you are renewing your passport or changing your name, please send us a COPY of your old passport to secure your permit, and we can change it when we receive a COPY of your new passport or updated name for a fee of $25 USD per person. We must have a copy of your old and new passport to make the change. Before you change your passport keep a copy of your old one.
If you do not wish to pay this fee, you must bring both passports with you to Peru. You can enter Peru with your new passport but you will need to show both passports, old and new, to enter Machu Picchu or the train. If you do not have both you will not be allowed to enter Machu Picchu or get on the train.
Remember to check your current passport to make sure it doesn’t expire within 6 months of your arrival to Peru!!! The Government of Peru is enforcing the existing law that requires all foreign travelers to have a passport valid for a minimum of six months past the time of entry into Peru. Peruvian authorities will deny entry into Peru for travelers not meeting this requirement.
ARE WE DROPPED OFF AT OUR HOTEL?
OF COURSE! We will drop you off at your hotel when we return from the trek or tour in either Cusco or the Sacred Valley.
If you are happy with the services provided, a tip is appreciated. While it may not be normal to you, it means a lot for the people, and their families, who will take care of you during the tour. It inspires better service and is an impotant facet of the tourism industry. Of course you are free to tip however much you feel is appropriate, based on how happy you are with the service and the length of your tour.
ARE YOU SUSTAINABLE?
We are a local sustainable & responsible tour operator which functions according to the ethical principles of tourism: protect the environment and benefit the indigenous communities respecting their culture and religion. We have trained all of our staff to know, understand and respect the local communities and the people living there.
The Sacred Valley, Short Inca Trail + Rainbow Mountain Trek does not include extra porter so you will need to carry all your own stuff, please try to pack light to enjoy this incredible trek.
WHAT TO BRING
- Original Passport (it has to be the same you have used for booking your trek)
- Good daypack (the smaller, the better)
- Drinking Water: 2-3L (Camelbaks are encouraged)
- Comfortable hiking boots
- Toilet Paper
- 2 t-shirts
- 1 hiking pants at least
- Hiking socks
- Waterproof gloves – rainy season
- Large plastic bags will be provided at the office — Please ask for them
- Face moisturizer
- Hand Sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Personal medications
- Sun Hat
- Rain gear – rainy season
- Snacks like chocolate bars, cereal bars or any dry fruit
- Rain plastic poncho (provided by Orange Nation)
- Extra Money for Souvenirs, Drinks & Tips