Day 1: Sacred Valley (Pisac – Moray – Salt Mines – Ollantaytambo) – Aguas Calientes
We pick you up from your hotel at 7:30 am with our private van and head to the Sacred Valley of the Incas, taking the route to Pisac. Our first stop is the Ccochahuasi Animal Sanctuary, which has a variety of Peruvian animals, including Pumas, Condors, the National bird of Peru Andean Cock-Of-The-Rock, llamas and more! Then we stop at the Mirador of Taray to enjoy a beautiful overhead view of the Urubamba Valley, which accents the surrounding mountains. Next, we head to the Pisac Archaeological site, where you can see the biggest Inca cemetery with more than 2,000 tombs. There we can admire the hand-carved farming terraces on the side of the Mountain, explore the Inca Tunnel, and the religious site of this significant Inca ruin. Here, we will spend approximately 2 hours exploring the Inca city. Then, we visit the colorful Pisac Market, which is the largest market in the area. We will spend a little time visiting it to see the different handicrafts before driving to Urubamba for lunch.
After lunch, we visit Moray, which was an experimental farming site built in the form of an amphitheater, which each level naturally with a different temperature to grow different types of crops. These levels of terraces were carved before the Incas and then used by the Incas.
We continue our journey to the colonial town of Maras, walking downhill to the pre-Inca Salt Mines. Over three thousand salt ponds have been used for salt extraction since before Inca times and still supply Peru with over 90% of it’s salt. A hot spring at the top of the valley trickles a stream of salty water, which is diverted into salt ponds and evaporated to produce a salt that is used for human consumption. Finally, we drive to Ollantaytambo, having time to explore this quaint, traditional Inca village and the amazing Inca Ruins with our English-speaking guide.
Then, at 7 pm we will take the train to Aguas Calientes where we will spend the night in a hotel.
- 2* Accommodation: Inti Punku Tambo, Wiracocha Inn
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
On this very exciting and early day, we will take the 5:30 AM shuttle bus to arrive in time for the sunrise over Machu Picchu. Our guide will give us a 2.5-hour private tour, teaching us the history and little secrets hidden away by the Incas who once resided there. Then, you have plenty of time to explore on your own until 12 noon.
Here are some other activities you can do on your own:
- Climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain and enjoy the amazing views of Machu Picchu from above. (Additional fee)
- Walk to the Sun Gate, 2 hours round trip or the Inca Bridge, 1 hour round trip. (No additional fee)
- Other optional activities in Aguas Calientes include a visit to the new local museum or to the hot springs. (Entrance fee to enter)
Around 12 noon, we will depart Machu Picchu and descend to Aguas Calientes at 12 pm. You can have a relaxing lunch and explore Aguas Calientes before boarding the Expedition train by 4:22 pm returning to Ollantaytambo Train Station and then we will drive you 1.5 – 2 Hours back to your hotel in Cusco, arriving at approximately8:30 pm.
- Meals: breakfast
***There are now 3 sessions to enter Machu Picchu
WHAT IS INCLUDED FOR THE SACRED VALLEY & MACHU PICCHU TOUR 2 DAYS?
- Transfer from the airport to your hotel (Please send us the flight information)
- Pick up at your hotel
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Private transportation
- All entrance tickets for the different archeological sites
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Round trip Train ticket (Expedition service) Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Meals as indicated on the itinerary
- Hotel at Aguas Calientes with private room, bathroom, and wifi
- Round trip Bus tickets Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo to Cusco via private van
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED FOR THE SACRED VALLEY & MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
- Water and snacks
- Huayna Picchu – $75 USD
- Machu Picchu Mountain – $75 USD
- Upgrade to Vistadome Train – $57 USD
- Tips for your guide
The Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu tour can be done on any date as long as we have a minimum of 2 people!
|No. OF PEOPLE||PRICE|
|2 to 8 people (with 1 night hotel)||$ 407 USD per person|
|2 to 8 people (without hotel)||$ 397 USD per person|
***All entrance fees are included and we operate our tours in small groups averaging 5 people with a maximum of 8!***
- Under 18 years old: $30 USD Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Under 11 years old: $40 USD Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Huayna Picchu Climb: $35 USD This needs to be booked in advance, please let us know at the time of booking.
- Machu Picchu Mountain: $30 USD This needs to be booked in advance, please let us know at the time of booking.
- Upgrade to Vistadome Train: $57 USD (Aguas Calientes to Poroy at 4:43pm)
- Upgrade Hotel – 3 star $45 USD (Can upgrade to 4 or 5 star as well)
- Single Supplement: $30 USD 2* and $45 USD 3* for single travelers
Please read the following information carefully; it will help answer all of your questions about our services and Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu Tour.
ARRIVAL TO CUSCO
We will pick you up from the Cusco airport and take you to your hotel in Cusco. Please let us know your flight details at least 14 days before arrival. Our representative will be holding an orange sign reading ORANGE Nation outside the arrivals. You must exit the terminal to find our representative as they cannot enter. (Please let us know if your hotel is in the Sacred Valley so we can make the necessary arrangments).
The Briefing will be the night before the trek at 6pm in our office which is located at Calle Santa Teresa Nº383; 107 (first floor), next to SUBWAY restaurant and across the street from Sunat.
CAN I STORE MY LUGGAGE AT YOUR OFFICE:
ABSOLUTELY! During the Machu Picchu Tour your main luggage can be kept in our office or stored at your hotel, both are free.
HOW TO BOOK THE SACRED VALLEY & MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
We will need the following information (FROM EACH PARTICIPANT in your group). This information is necessary to purchase the entrance tickets to Machu Picchu the train tickets:
- Personal information (your full name, exactly as on your passport):
- Passport number
- D.OB. (dd / mm / yyyy)
SECOND, we require a deposit of $211.00 USD per person in order to purchase your entrance to Machu Picchu and train ticket. You can make you deposit by clicking on the PAYPAL symbols on the top of our home page, or you can click on the PAYPAL symbols on our booking page.
WHAT ABOUT THE BALANCE?
It is best if you pay in cash at our office (US dollars or Peruvian soles) here in Cusco to avoid the additional 5.5% International Transaction Fee. We have many ATMS within the historical center to withdraw money. You can also pay by PAYPAL online but you will have to pay a 5.5% service charge by PAYPAL. To pay your balance through PAYPAL, you need to log into your PAYPAL account using our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW DO I QUALIFY FOR THE STUDENT DISCOUNT?
- According to Peruvian law, you must be under 18 years of age at the time of your trek, tour, or visit to Machu Picchu (students 18 & above need student cards). For example: if you book a trek at the age of 17, but you turn 18 before you do your trek, you do not qualify for a student discount.
- All students from 11 to 17 years, the discount is $30.
- For children from the age of 2 to 11 the discount is $40.
- Children under the age of 2 are free.
- All students must provide a copy of their passport at the time of their booking to get the student discount.
- Send us a copy at email@example.com.
MAY I CHANGE THE DEPARTURE DATE AFTER THE TICKETS HAVE BEEN BOUGHT?
Unfortunately, the answer is No. Once the tickets have been purchased, the government does not allow any changes, so we can’t change any departure date after the ticket has been bought. Tickets are also not transferrable nor refundable. If you cancel your Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu Trek, the deposit is not refundable at all!
DO I NEED MY ORIGINAL PASSPORT FOR THE SACRED VALLEY & MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
DEFINITELY! You MUST bring your original passport with the SAME passport number you sent to us to book your entrance to Machu Picchu, Train Ticket, any entrance ticket, and reservations. They will check when you enter Machu Picchu and to board the train.
In case you are renewing your passport or changing your name, please send us a COPY of your old passport to secure your permit, and we can update your information when we receive a COPY of your new passport for a fee of $25 USD per person. We MUST have a COPY of your old and new passport to make the change. Before you change your passport, keep a copy of your old one.
If you do not wish to pay this fee, you will need to bring both passports to Peru with you. You can enter Peru with your new passport, but you will need to show both passports, old and new to enter Machu Picchu or the train. If you do not have both, you will not be allowed to enter into Machu Picchu or get on the train.
Remember to check your current passport to make sure it doesn’t expire within 6 months of your arrival to Peru!!! The Government of Peru is enforcing the existing law that requires all foreign travelers to have a passport valid for a minimum of six months past the time of entry into Peru. Peruvian authorities will deny entry into Peru for travelers not meeting this requirement.
WHAT IS THE WEATHER LIKE IN THE SACRED VALLEY & MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
The weather is very unpredictable and always changing in the Andes Mountains, so it is difficult to say with any certainty. We recommend that you be prepared for warm weather, possible rain showers (Orange Nation provides rain ponchos) and a warm jacket in case of cold. We recommend that you dress in layers so you may take off or put on clothes as needed.
ARE WE DROPPED AT OUR HOTEL AFTER THE SACRED VALLEY & MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
OF COURSE! We will drop you off at your hotel in Cusco or the Sacred Valley when we return from the tour. We will also pick you up from the Sacred Valley if you are staying there.
If you’re happy with the services provided, a tip is appreciated. It means a lot to the staff and their families who will take care of you during the tour. It promotes better service and is a significant part of the tourism industry across many ORANGE Nation destinations. Of course, you are free to tip more or less, depending on how you feel about the quality of service and the length of your tour.
ARE YOU SUSTAINABLE?
We are a local, sustainable & responsible tour operator which functions according to the ethical principles of tourism. Protect the environment and help the indigenous communities by respecting their culture and religion. We have trained all of our staff to know, understand, and respect the local communities and the people living there.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING FOR THE SACRED VALLEY & MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
- A small backpack or carry bag (large bags are not allowed on the train or in Machu Picchu)
- A change of clothing for the second day
- Comfortable shoes
- Rain jacket or poncho (provided by Orange Nation)
- A fleece or jacket
- Basic toiletries
- Insect repellent for mosquitoes
- Hat for the sun
- Some extra money for lunch, snacks and souvenirs
- Original passport (cannot enter Machu Picchu without it)