DAY 1: CUSCO – AGUAS CALIENTES
We wake up early to begin the grand 2-day adventure we have ahead of us. We will pick you up from your hotel at 6:35 am, and then drive in our private van to the Poroy Train Station departing at 7:35 am. Voyage through the alpine meadows resting below the wide variety of colorful mountain peaks, the beautiful valleys, the Inca farming terraces built by hand in the form of amphitheaters, snowcapped mountains and sub-tropical jungle along the way to Aguas Calientes, the town at the base of Machu Picchu. We travel along the sacred Vilcanota River until we arrived in Aguas Calientes.
The hotel representative will be waiting for you at the train station at 10:52 to escort you to your hotel. After getting settled in to your hotel room, you can have lunch at your leisure in any of the numerous restaurants in Aguas Calientes – there are many options.
Please Note: From Januray through April (Rainy Season) the train only departs and returns from and to the Ollantaytambo Train Station in the Sacred Valley.
The afternoon in Aguas Calientes is open to explore, relax in the Hot Springs (10 soles), shop in the handicraft markets or visit the Butterfly Museum. At 7pm, your guide will come to your Hotel and give you a briefing for your trip to Machu Picchu the following day.
- Accommodations: Wiracocha Inn Hotel or Andean Terra Hotel
DAY 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
On this day we have all been waiting for, we will take the 5:30am shuttle bus to Machu Picchu, arriving in time for the sunrise over Machu Picchu. Our guide will give us a 2.5-hour private tour, teaching us the history and liitle secrets hidden away by the Incas who once resided there. Then, you have plenty of time to explore on your own until 12noon.
Here are some other activities you can do on your own:
- Climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain and enjoy the amazing views of Machu Picchu from above. (Additional fee)
- Walk to the Sun Gate, 2 hours round trip or the Inca Bridge, 1 hour round trip. (No additional fee)
- Other optional activities in Aguas Calientes include a visit to the new local museum or to the hot springs. (Entrance fee to enter)
Around 12 noon, we will depart Machu Picchu and descend to Aguas Calientes. You can have a relaxing lunch and explore Aguas Calientes before boarding the Vistadome train by 5:23pm returning to Poroy Train Station and then we will drive you 25 minutes back to your hotel in our private van, arriving at approximately 9:30pm.
- Meals: breakfast
***There are now 2 sessions to enter Machu Picchu; 6am to 12pm and 12pm to 5:30pm. If you wish to stay after 12pm, you must purchase a second entrance ticket. If you book Huayna Picchu, you have an extra 2 hours and an extra 3 hours if you hike Machu Picchu Mountain.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Transfer from your hotel lobby at 6:35am to Poroy Train Station by private van
- Vistadome train ticket from Poroy – Aguas Calientes – Poroy (Except from January through April the train only runs from the Ollantaytambo station)
- Round-trip bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- Entrance ticket for Machu Picchu
- Guided tour in English 2.5 hours approximately – with a lots of free time for photos and extra hikes
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Huayna Picchu
- Machu Picchu Mountain
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Tips for your guide
The Machu Picchu Tour is available for any date, we just need a minimum of 2 passengers.
|No. OF PEOPLE||PRICE|
|2 to 8 people (with 1 night hotel)||$ 427 USD per person|
|2 to 8 people (without hotel)||$ 407 USD per person|
***Private service is available for $40 USD more per person.***
***All entrance fees are included and we operate our tours in small groups averaging 4 people with a maximum of 8!***
- Under 18 years old: $30 USD, Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Under 11 years old: $40 USD, Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Huayna Picchu Climb: $35 USD, This needs to be purchased in advance at the time of your booking
- Machu Picchu Mountain: $30 USD, This needs to be purchased in advance at the time of your booking.
- Upgrade Hotel: 3 star $45 USD (Can upgrade to 4* or 5* as well)
- Single Supplement: $35 USD 2* and $50 USD 3* for single travelers.
Please read this information carefully, it will answer all of your questions about our services and tour
ARRIVAL TO CUSCO
We will greet you at Cusco airport and take to your hotel in Cusco, please let us know your flight details at least 14 days prior to arrival. Our representative will be holding an orange sign reading ORANGE Nation outside the arrival terminal. It can be done on any date!
The Briefing will be the night before the trek at 6pm in our office which is located at Calle Santa Teresa Nº383; 101 (first floor), next to SUBWAY restaurant and across the street from Sunat.
CAN I STORE MY LUGGAGE AT YOUR OFFICE:
ABSOLUTELY! During the Machu Picchu Tour your main luggage can be kept in our office or stored at your hotel, both are free.
HOW TO BOOK THE MACHU PICCHU TOUR:
We will need the following information (FROM EACH PARTICIPANT in your group). This information is necessary to purchase the entrance tickets to Machu Picchu the train tickets:
- Personal information (your full name, exactly as on your passport):
- Passport number
- D.OB. (dd / mm / yyyy)
SECOND, we require a deposit of US$211.00 per person in order to purchase your entrance to Machu Picchu and train ticket. You can make you deposit by clicking on the PAYPAL symbols on the top of our home page, or you can click on the PAYPAL symbols on our booking page.
WHAT ABOUT THE BALANCE?
It would be greatly appreciated if you pay in cash at our office (US dollars or Peruvian soles) here in Cusco. We have many ATMs within the historical center to withdraw money. You can also pay by PAYPAL online but you will have to pay a 5.5% service charge, charged by PAYPAL. To pay your balance through PAYPAL, you need to log into your PAYPAL account using our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW DO I QUALIFY FOR THE STUDENT DISCOUNT?
- According to Peruvian Law, you must be under 18 years of age at the time of your trek, tour, or visit to Machu Picchu (students 18 & above need student cards). For example: if you book a trek at the age of 17 but you turn 18 before you do your trek, you do not qualify for a student discount.
- All students from 11 to 17 years, the discount is $30.
- For children from the age of 2 – 11 the discount is $40.
- Children under the age of 2 are free.
- All students must provide a copy of their passport at the time of their booking to get the student discount.
- Send us a copy at email@example.com
MAY I CHANGE THE DEPARTURE DATE AFTER THE TICKETS HAVE BEEN BOUGHT?
Unfortunately the answer is No. Once the tickets have been bought the government does not allow any changes, so we cannot change any departure date after the tickets has been purchased. Tickets are also non transferable nor refundable. If you cancel your Machu Picchu Tour, the deposit is not refundable at all!
DO I NEED MY ORIGINAL PASSPORT FOR THE MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
DEFINITELY! You MUST bring your original passport with the SAME passport number you sent to us to book your entrance to Machu Picchu, train ticket, other entrances and reservations. They will check when you enter Machu Picchu and to board the train.
In case you are renewing your passport or changing your name, please send us a COPY of your old passport to secure your permit, and we can change it when we receive a COPY of your new passport for a fee of $25 USD per person. We must have a copy of your old and new passport to make the change. Before you change your passport keep a copy of your old one.
If you do not wish to pay this fee you will need to bring both passports to Peru with you. You can enter Peru with your new passport but you will need to show both passports, old and new to enter Machu Picchu or the train. If you do not have both you will not be allowed to enter into Machu Picchu or get on the train.
Remember to check your current passport to make sure it doesn’t expire within 6 months of your arrival to Peru!!! The Government of Peru is enforcing the existing law that requires all foreign travelers to have a passport valid for a minimum of six months past the time of entry into Peru. Peruvian authorities will deny entry into Peru for travelers not meeting this requirement.
WHAT IS THE WEATHER LIKE IN THE MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
The weather is very unpredictable and always changing in the Andes Mountains, so it is difficult to say with any certainty. We recommend that you be prepared for warm weather, possible rain showers (Orange Nation provides rain ponchos) and a warm jacket in case of cold. We recommend that you dress in layers so you may take off or put on clothes as needed.
ARE WE DROPPED AT OUR HOTEL AFTER THE MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
OF COURSE! We will drop you off at your hotel in Cusco or the Sacred Valley when we return from the tour.
We will also pick you up from the Sacred Valley if you are staying there.
If you’re happy with the services provided, a tip is appreciated. It means a lot to the staff, and their families, who will take care of you during the tour. It inspires better service and is a major part of the tourism industry across many ORANGE Nation destinations. Of course you are free to tip more or less what you want, depending how you feel about the quality of service and the length of your tour.
ARE YOU SUSTAINABLE?
We are a local sustainable & responsible tour operator which functions according to the ethical principles of tourism: protect the environment and benefit the indigenous communities respecting their culture and religion. We have trained all of our staff to know, understand and respect the local communities and the people living there.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING?
- A small daypack with water to drink
- Comfortable shoes
- Camera and rain jacket or poncho (provided by Orange Nation)
- A fleece or jacket, basic toiletries
- Hat for the sun , sunscreen, insect repellent
- Passport (Cannot enter Train or Machu Picchu without passport)
- Money for souvenirs